psos
space

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

HSS TEAM RIDER COURTNEY CONLOGUE IS ON A CHAMPIONSHIP ROLL!



Courtney Conlogue added another accolade to her growing list of surfing achievements claiming her first Regional Championship victory with a dominating performance in the Open Women’s final. From heat one, 15-year-old Conlogue put on a go-for-broke display and she continued to push her level in the final. The four-time Southwest Conference champion matched up with defending West Coast champion Demi Boelsterli, two-time West Coast Open Women’s champion Sage Erickson (2005, 2006) and young up-and-comer Catherine Clark. Conlogue wanted badly to win her first Regional title and she did not stray from her mission. After just scrapping through her semi-final heat against Sage Erickson and Sara Taylor the day before, the ultra-competitive regular-footer was fired up for the final. She started off with a couple mediocre scores in the 4 and 5 range and then broke through with a solid 7.50 ride. She sealed the deal with a scorching backside attack on an overhead left which posted an excellent 8.67 score. “I’ve been waiting for this since I was in the Mini Grom division five years ago,” said Conlogue. “I came in determined to win this. I knew what I needed to do and I knew there would be plenty of waves coming through. I just wanted to find the right waves and go as big as I could because it’s either win or lose.” Conlogue will strive to keep her momentum going as she aims for the Nationals. “I’m going to train really hard this month and keep my game on,” Conlogue said. “I want to carry on this streak and win the Nationals.” Conlogue’s chief west coast rival, Sage Erickson put on an impressive performance throughout the week in both Open and Explorer competition winning the Explorer Women’s division and collecting her seventh Regional title.
Congratulations Courtney!
CLICK HERE for all the other NSSA Westerns info.

Labels: ,